Saturday, December 1, 2012

Spam and Pinot

So....been out of touch for a few months now, but hey!!! we had a baby 5 months ago. Our life hasn't been the same since, and writing on my blog has been the last thing on my mind. Spencer is an awesome kid though, sleeps like nobody's business, both mother and kid are perfectly healthy, home sound and safe. I come home with a big smile on my face every night.
That smile disappeared a couple of months ago when my email account and all my info got hacked in. Yahoo, has this really cool feature, that allows you to see, where in the world your account got logged on. So I found out that somebody in Japan was responsible for me spending the next 6 hours resetting all my passwords, forgetting them and resetting again, convincing every one on my contact list that I do not sell beach front property in the Bahamas. Thank you very much mr. Jerk-Off San for putting me back in contact with people I lost touch with. And reminding me that I have a blog to write.
I've had a bunch of good bottles of wine since last time I wrote. Even had a couple of bad ones. Since then the Wine Spectator came up with the Top 100, hoping to get us to buy what they think we should. The only good thing in that issue was an article about Rajat Parr. Rajat started his wine career as a busboy, became the head buyer for the Mina Group, and later started his own winery. The American dream!
Sandhi wines.  Amazing. All of them. But I am only gonna ramble on about one of them, Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir 2010. I've first had it at my company's portfolio tasting. And since Rajat never bought advertising in the Wine Spectator, they only give it 88 points. It is an amazing bottle of Pinot, ugly-ish kind of label, but who cares? It's all about what's in the bottle. It is bold and crisp, it bursts with aromas of plums and raspberries. Mineral but not overpowering, just like a really good Pinot should.
Pairing? Lamb chops, roasted potatoes and asparagus garlic and oil. at least that's what I had the second time I had a bottle.
As for Mr. Jerk-Off San? Try figuring out my new passwords. I'll even give you a hint, this time are in Romanian, even a little Gypsy language in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment